REGISTERED CHARITY NO 1076364
The Relief in Need Branch of Plymouth Charity Trust is an amalgamation of several charities which were set up over the last three hundred years to help Plymothians. Its object is to provide relief of persons resident in the City of Plymouth who are in need, hardship or distress.
They will consider applications for the following:-
- help with educational needs such as grants for books
- or school uniforms
- help for clothing for children of families with very limited income
- grants to relieve sudden distress, sickness or infirmity
They will not consider applications for the following:-
- people not living in the City of Plymouth
- any need that can be met by Social Services
- help with educational trips abroad
- post-graduate fees
- to clear debts
The Trust usually makes the donation in the form of vouchers, or a payment into a Voluntary Grants account. They prefer not to give payment directly to the applicant to prevent miss-use of funds. An average donation is usually between £50 – £100 each.
Application forms can be obtained from Mrs S Easton, Charity Trustees Office, 41 Hele’s Terrace, Prince Rock, Plymouth Tel: 01752 663107
Or you can simply click here to download a printable copy